January 19, 2018, 11:00:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Samsung SGH-X700  (Read 10313 times)
dapengmingwang
Primus
Demi Precentor

Singapore Singapore

我終於知道曲終人散的寂寞 只有傷心人才有

View Profile WWW
« on: May 30, 2006, 09:58:08 AM »

Anyone using this model of Samsung Phone? My friend is using one and the battery apparently goes flat within a day, even when all he did was made 8 mins of call. Bluetooth was off and he wasn't even listening to MP3s on the phone. Neither did he use the camera features.

He has been to the service centre 4 times and yet they haven't fix this issue. (See the detailed acct in attached doc file.)
« Last Edit: May 30, 2006, 10:10:45 AM by Grievous » Logged

我終於知道曲終人散的寂寞 只有傷心人才有...
Blog
shyuechou
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2006, 10:35:00 AM »

Is there a camera?

If there is, how's the camera? How many megapixel?  Cheesy
dapengmingwang
Primus
Demi Precentor

Singapore Singapore

我終於知道曲終人散的寂寞 只有傷心人才有

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2006, 11:19:25 AM »

Is there a camera?

If there is, how's the camera? How many megapixel?  Cheesy

Resolution: 1+ megapixel, night mode, multi-shot

Took this from here.

我終於知道曲終人散的寂寞 只有傷心人才有...
Blog
dapengmingwang
Primus
Demi Precentor

Singapore Singapore

我終於知道曲終人散的寂寞 只有傷心人才有

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2006, 12:09:20 AM »

It's Friday and they have been telling my friend that they will call him ASAP back since Tuesday.

All I have to say is, I have completely lost my confidence in Samsung's customer service, especially that of the one at Plaza Singapura.

我終於知道曲終人散的寂寞 只有傷心人才有...
Blog
Renegade Anarchist
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2006, 11:57:55 AM »

I've seen a Sony Ericsson model and several Nokias have this problem, usually a visit
to the service centre and a firmware upgrade later they're back to normal, maybe
his battery has reversed or shorted.
dapengmingwang
Primus
Demi Precentor

Singapore Singapore

我終於知道曲終人散的寂寞 只有傷心人才有

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2006, 07:12:18 AM »

They have replaced the battery, flashed the phone's software, repaired some circuitry responsible for charging and detecting voltage on the phone and still the same problem.

我終於知道曲終人散的寂寞 只有傷心人才有...
Blog
dapengmingwang
Primus
Demi Precentor

Singapore Singapore

我終於知道曲終人散的寂寞 只有傷心人才有

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2006, 04:39:45 AM »

They have finally replaced the phone on Monday but my friend has given up on this phone and will be selling it.

PM me with your offer price if you are interested.

Update:

Phone has been sold.

« Last Edit: July 13, 2006, 09:47:07 PM by Grievous » Logged

我終於知道曲終人散的寂寞 只有傷心人才有...
Blog
dapengmingwang
Primus
Demi Precentor

Singapore Singapore

我終於知道曲終人散的寂寞 只有傷心人才有

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2006, 09:49:16 PM »

Another victim of Samsung's service...

Questionable service from Samsung

Recently my daughter sent her cellphone to Samsung when two keypads on it were not responding. The quotation given was $442.20 for repairs and replacements. She refused to have it repaired as she felt that the cost was too high and that the fault had nothing to do with the motherboard as explained by the staff.

I sent it to another repair shop which diagnosed the problem as a faulty keypad ribbon, which was replaced for only $35. After one month the phone is still working fine.

My e-mail complaint to Samsung regarding the grossly inaccurate assessment and quote last month received a standard reply that it had been forwarded to the relevant department for a response. I am still waiting for a reply.

Richard Lim

我終於知道曲終人散的寂寞 只有傷心人才有...
Blog
nocturne
Acolyte

神仙羊肉 (魔/MoG)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2006, 12:15:20 AM »

Another victim of Samsung's service...

Questionable service from Samsung

Recently my daughter sent her cellphone to Samsung when two keypads on it were not responding. The quotation given was $442.20 for repairs and replacements. She refused to have it repaired as she felt that the cost was too high and that the fault had nothing to do with the motherboard as explained by the staff.

I sent it to another repair shop which diagnosed the problem as a faulty keypad ribbon, which was replaced for only $35. After one month the phone is still working fine.

My e-mail complaint to Samsung regarding the grossly inaccurate assessment and quote last month received a standard reply that it had been forwarded to the relevant department for a response. I am still waiting for a reply.

Richard Lim

Is it run by Samsung or by some other company on their behalf?

ACCS?

This is my collection of the only Chinese words I can read. 一二三四五六七八九東南西北中發
dapengmingwang
Primus
Demi Precentor

Singapore Singapore

我終於知道曲終人散的寂寞 只有傷心人才有

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2006, 12:26:35 AM »

Is it run by Samsung or by some other company on their behalf?

ACCS?

According to my friend... It wasn't subcontracted to ACCS. However, from what I remember it was run by ACCS because I once sent some faulty Samsung LCDs to ACCS but maybe only LCDs are repaired by ACCS.

I am just wondering, if it's ACCS, why isn't there complaints for other brands too?

我終於知道曲終人散的寂寞 只有傷心人才有...
Blog
nocturne
Acolyte

神仙羊肉 (魔/MoG)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2006, 12:57:38 AM »

According to my friend... It wasn't subcontracted to ACCS. However, from what I remember it was run by ACCS because I once sent some faulty Samsung LCDs to ACCS but maybe only LCDs are repaired by ACCS.

I am just wondering, if it's ACCS, why isn't there complaints for other brands too?

Not ACCS lah, I thought ACCS closed down?

I meant a company such as ACCS. I'm sure there are others out there.

dapengmingwang
Primus
Demi Precentor

Singapore Singapore

我終於知道曲終人散的寂寞 只有傷心人才有

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2006, 02:32:41 AM »

Changed its name to MDR limited according to the SGX website.

The Internet is a powerful thing. Smiley

我終於知道曲終人散的寂寞 只有傷心人才有...
Blog
nocturne
Acolyte

神仙羊肉 (魔/MoG)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2006, 05:22:05 PM »

Changed its name to MDR limited according to the SGX website.

The Internet is a powerful thing. Smiley
That happens a lot.

Anderson was renamed after some big scandal. Their part in Enron, I think.

A good brand name takes years to build, and only a day to destroy.

dapengmingwang
Primus
Demi Precentor

Singapore Singapore

我終於知道曲終人散的寂寞 只有傷心人才有

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2007, 02:03:58 AM »

Yet another reason for me NOT to consider getting a Samsung phone whenever I plan for an upgrade.

Upset over Samsung cellphone upgrade
Jan 22, 2007

I BOUGHT a Samsung Ultra Edition 8.4 (Model Z370) mobile phone on Boxing Day at the Singtel Hello! Shop.

I happily went home and transferred the contacts from my previous non-3G sim card to the new Samsung phone. However, the Samsung Ultra Edition 8.4 phone was unable to recognise the 3G sim card issued by Singtel and I encountered an error when I tried to save the contacts from the phone to the 3G sim card.

On Jan 10, Singtel informed customers who had purchased this phone - via SMS - that they may have to send their phone for a software upgrade.

I am extremely upset that I have to send the phone for an upgrade after using it for less than two weeks.

At the Samsung service centre, the staff told me that all the information and contacts saved on the phone memory would be lost after the upgrade and asked me to manually copy down every single contact from the phone before sending it for a software upgrade.

Well, the need to do a software upgrade on the phone came less than a month after the phone was introduced to the market and was obviously necessary to address the technical glitch of Samsung Ultra Edition 8.4 phones.

I wonder, is there a testing protocol with which all mobile phone manufacturers have to comply before rolling out their new phone models? If so, how did this happen?

Hasn't Samsung caused enough inconvenience to the customers by asking them to send their phones for a software upgrade? Why should customers be asked to copy down every single contact from the phone when this problem arose due to Samsung's oversight?

Samsung should have reduced the inconvenience caused to customers by offering to, say, manually copy or transfer contacts to a spreadsheet for customers.

Tan Mei Ling (Ms)

我終於知道曲終人散的寂寞 只有傷心人才有...
Blog
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: