January 21, 2018, 07:50:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Net Outage: Why that unpleasant encounter at Vicom  (Read 3950 times)
dapengmingwang
Primus
Demi Precentor

Singapore Singapore

我終於知道曲終人散的寂寞 只有傷心人才有

View Profile WWW
« on: January 15, 2007, 06:54:02 PM »

Hmm.. if there's a problem with my WAN link, it would affect things on my LAN?

Now that's something I didn't know.

Why that unpleasant encounter at Vicom
Jan 16, 2007

I REFER to the letter by Ms Kong Kit Wan, 'LTA and Vicom, surely you can do better'' (ST Online Forum, Jan 9).

On Dec 27 there were intermittent glitches with our cashier systems because of broadband problems resulting from the Taiwan earthquake. As our cashiers have to access the Land Transport Authority (LTA)'s website to process road-tax renewals, any communication hiccups will have a direct impact on us.

The same was true for the Nets machines, which rely on communication lines.

As for credit-card facilities, Diners Club is the only credit- card company appointed by LTA for road-tax renewal.

We seek Ms Kong's understanding and hope that we have provided some clarification.

Nevertheless, we would like to express our sincere apologies for the unpleasant encounter at Vicom on Dec 27. Please be assured that our staff is mindful of the importance of providing a high level of customer service at all times. We will strive continuously to improve our service.

Tammy Tan I-Lin (Ms)
Group Corporate Communication Officer
ComfortDelGro Corporation Ltd

我終於知道曲終人散的寂寞 只有傷心人才有...
Blog
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: