January 19, 2018, 12:54:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Why is church seeking donations door to door?  (Read 3088 times)
dapengmingwang
Primus
Demi Precentor

Singapore Singapore

我終於知道曲終人散的寂寞 只有傷心人才有

View Profile WWW
« on: December 19, 2006, 11:34:32 PM »

Maybe the church DIDN'T ask them to.

But some kids are so desperate to show how much they love their God, and did this one their own, not even aware they need a license to do so.

Why is church seeking donations door to door?

RECENTLY, I was approached at home by a young teenager soliciting donations. He claimed to be from City Harvest Church.

I was surprised as, according to the church's website, the church has total assets of $65,903,000 as of last year, a figure which has been increasing since 2003. Last year, it received $24 million in donations.

Why does the church require its members to go door to door to ask for donations?

Lim Shien Wei

我終於知道曲終人散的寂寞 只有傷心人才有...
Blog
SanNiang
Acolyte

Singapore Singapore

-- 秀才遇到 PIG --

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2006, 08:17:38 AM »

maybe the Church did ask them to?

Maybe the church DIDN'T ask them to.

But some kids are so desperate to show how much they love their God, and did this one their own, not even aware they need a license to do so.

Why is church seeking donations door to door?

RECENTLY, I was approached at home by a young teenager soliciting donations. He claimed to be from City Harvest Church.

I was surprised as, according to the church's website, the church has total assets of $65,903,000 as of last year, a figure which has been increasing since 2003. Last year, it received $24 million in donations.

Why does the church require its members to go door to door to ask for donations?

Lim Shien Wei

dapengmingwang
Primus
Demi Precentor

Singapore Singapore

我終於知道曲終人散的寂寞 只有傷心人才有

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2006, 10:06:49 AM »

FYI. This is from a person attending City Harvest. (And this is official, according to him. i.e. it will be submitting for publishing by the papers lah.)

~~~
Dear Friend,

In 'Why is church seeking donations door to door'(ST, Dec 20), a member of the public reported that he was approached at home for a donation by someone claiming to be from City Harvest Church.

We would like to categorically state that from the inception of CHC, we have NEVER solicited funds from the public and have NEVER authorized anyone to do so on our behalf. Members of the public should verify the identity of the person(s) seeking donations in the name of CHC, or any other charitable organization, as there could always be a few who may be taking advantage of the spirit of generosity during the Christmas season.

Please inform us at feedback@chc.org.sg or hotline 6737-6266 should anyone come to know of such activities.

Wishing you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year,

CHC Management Board 2006/7
« Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 08:26:58 AM by Grievous » Logged

我終於知道曲終人散的寂寞 只有傷心人才有...
Blog
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: