January 19, 2018, 10:51:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Internet Banking Security  (Read 4378 times)
dapengmingwang
Primus
Demi Precentor

Singapore Singapore

我終於知道曲終人散的寂寞 只有傷心人才有

View Profile WWW
« on: July 11, 2006, 11:04:47 PM »

Damned cute... I received from HSBC yesterday a small little package that reads:

This will make you feel safer.. or something to that effect.

And in it, there was an RSA token for me to logon to their Internet banking site!!

At this point of time, I liked the security features of SillyBank and HSBC the best. It's sure far safer than what the local banks have provided.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2006, 10:10:57 AM by Grievous » Logged

我終於知道曲終人散的寂寞 只有傷心人才有...
Blog
dapengmingwang
Primus
Demi Precentor

Singapore Singapore

我終於知道曲終人散的寂寞 只有傷心人才有

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2007, 01:11:28 AM »

I am just wondering if the problem is with a little thingie called Sun Java from the description.

If it is then DBS helpdesk is pathetic when it didn't even offer to help this fellow check just that. And on a cursory check, I cannot find anything that states the basic requirement for iBanking on DBS. That's something that DBS need to fix.

Not able to log in to DBS Internet Banking with PC running Windows Vista OS
March 22, 2007

I WAS not able to log in to DBS Internet Banking with the new PC running Windows Vista Business OS.

The User ID and Login fields were not enabled for entry.

I called the helpdesk but was told that DBS cannot advise on this and it was suggested that I check with the PC vendor.

How could the PC vendor or Microsoft help as the website is developed and used only by DBS?

As most new PCs are going to come with Windows Vista OS, DBS should upgrade its Internet banking for the customers and not push us around.

Benny Tan Seng Hee

我終於知道曲終人散的寂寞 只有傷心人才有...
Blog
SanNiang
Acolyte

Singapore Singapore

-- 秀才遇到 PIG --

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2007, 05:25:39 AM »

yet again ... its someone else's problem .... we cannot advise because we are world class ....

I am just wondering if the problem is with a little thingie called Sun Java from the description.

If it is then DBS helpdesk is pathetic when it didn't even offer to help this fellow check just that. And on a cursory check, I cannot find anything that states the basic requirement for iBanking on DBS. That's something that DBS need to fix.

SanNiang
Acolyte

Singapore Singapore

-- 秀才遇到 PIG --

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2007, 11:46:38 PM »

ya you are correct ... i test on my vista too .. and works after downloading and install JRE

dapengmingwang
Primus
Demi Precentor

Singapore Singapore

我終於知道曲終人散的寂寞 只有傷心人才有

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2007, 05:21:47 AM »

ya you are correct ... i test on my vista too .. and works after downloading and install JRE

I kenna before last time when I install WinXP SP1.  NO JAVA.

And subsequently realised that you need to install M$ msjvm3809... but after that even 3810 is discontinued and you need to install Sun's version.

Anyway, I am surprised that the DBS helpdesk did not even do the rudimentary - e.g. check the IE's ActiveX / Security settings, check ActiveX Plugins, Check Java etc... even if it might be useless, at least they would have appeared 'pro' and kept the customer happy.

我終於知道曲終人散的寂寞 只有傷心人才有...
Blog
dapengmingwang
Primus
Demi Precentor

Singapore Singapore

我終於知道曲終人散的寂寞 只有傷心人才有

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2007, 10:54:20 PM »

Some poor sod must have been made to tried it on Vista and report his / her findings for Janet Mohan to send this letter.

And all could be avoided if at least one guy on the helpline was a lot more diligent in delivering his services.

How to log in to DBS Internet Banking
March 24, 2007      

I REFER to the letter by Mr Benny Tan Seng Hee, 'Not able to log in to DBS Internet Banking with PC running Windows Vista OS' (Online forum, March 22).

When the login fields are not enabled for entry, it is when the applet cannot load successfully. To fix this problem, Mr Tan should download and install Java Runtime Environment (JRE) into his PC from http://www.java.com.

Alternatively, Mr Tan can download and install the web browser, Mozilla Firefox, from http://www.firefox.com and use it to browse the DBS iBanking service.

When a user visits our DBS iBanking site using Firefox, he will be prompted to download JRE, which will allow the applet to load on the page.

This will enable him to key in his User ID and pin in the login fields and he will be able to access DBS iBanking.

We thank Mr Tan for his feedback and hope this resolves the problem.

Janet Mohan (Ms)
Vice-President
Customer Feedback & Service Management
Consumer Banking Group
DBS Bank

我終於知道曲終人散的寂寞 只有傷心人才有...
Blog
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: