January 18, 2018, 04:01:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: World Cup - Germany 2006  (Read 30008 times)
dapengmingwang
Primus
Demi Precentor

Singapore Singapore

我終於知道曲終人散的寂寞 只有傷心人才有

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: July 06, 2006, 10:26:40 AM »

I have been feeling miserable the last few days considering this possible outcome. Even raging against God for being... well... unfair. And the Shit-taly fans can take their 'other teams also got referee unfair why you never complain' and shove it up their ass.

I am only left with one word.

Resign.

I am resign to the fact that this world is completely unfair. While I still don't like the Frogs, better Frogs than Shit-taly, the divers.

Anyway, here's my take on the World Cup so far, starting with Germany (since I have hoped they win this one.)

It is my gut feeling Germany couldn't win, after that round with Argentina. (Their over reliance on Ballack and Klose is their undoing.) Portugal's performance against Holland and then England were hardly commendable. Especially against Holland, it was atrocious. Italy, there's still payment needed for Mcbride's blood - 1 red card isn't good enough - & Grosso's DIVE against the Aussies. England was totally hopeless - first match against Paraguay win by Paraguay's own goal and beat Ecuador with Beckham's lucky free kick. Brazil, one of Brazil's goals against Ghana was obviously offside and Ronaldo is FAT (The joke is: He's heavy when he scores. He's FAT when he doesn't.)

The saddest is Argentina. They had all the necessary requirements to be champions. But why they didn't field Messi is still a mystery.

In other words, France has the least of - or perhaps no controvesies - getting to the finals. I hope they win even though I didn't like the French team. But so far the people I hope to win has always lost, with the exception of Portugal vs England, and and Germany vs Argentina (even though I may not like the looks of Ballack and Klose. And soccer is a team game so who cares if there's one or two people I don't like?)
« Last Edit: July 06, 2006, 09:04:56 PM by Grievous » Logged

我終於知道曲終人散的寂寞 只有傷心人才有...
Blog
dapengmingwang
Primus
Demi Precentor

Singapore Singapore

我終於知道曲終人散的寂寞 只有傷心人才有

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: July 08, 2006, 10:10:17 PM »

Germany is third. Won 3:1. 

(Petit of Portugal helped Germany scored one on his own goal.)

And I hope Italy lose tonight. France does not need to score. All they need is Grosso to score an own goal.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2006, 05:36:38 AM by Grievous » Logged

我終於知道曲終人散的寂寞 只有傷心人才有...
Blog
BigJi
Initiate

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 09, 2006, 06:36:39 AM »

Yeah well done Germany. Nice goals also haha, both are shot from about the same angle, same distance.

Haha, those italians naval divers are ready for action once again...

Sharing Is Caring
dapengmingwang
Primus
Demi Precentor

Singapore Singapore

我終於知道曲終人散的寂寞 只有傷心人才有

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: July 09, 2006, 04:07:49 PM »

It is a sad day.

France lost to the team that is most undeserving of the cup. The team that dived to cheat a penalty out of Australia. The team that played rough against the U.S. when they were outplayed. The team that resorts to the underhand methods against Germany to get one of their players banned for a match.

Sadly, there was no divine justice. Not even a poetic one. I wasn't wrong when I said 'divine justice is the wishful thinking of the delusional'. I am right about that comment because that shithead Grosso who dived in the game against Australia, scored the final goal.

Yet, France didn't lose at the penalty. It lost, when Zidane head-butted one of the Shit-talians. It was a behaviour that is most unworthy of any sportsman, even though he can say he was provoked by the Shit-taly player who stick an arm out to obstruct him.

Why he did it is probably everyone's question. Frustration? Or simply to find an excuse to leave the pitch so that he wouldn't be held responsible for France's ultimate loss? We will never know. But it is a sad way for Zidane and Barthez to end their careers.

Shit-taly didn't win because it was good. And that is a fact when France held them to a draw for 90 minutes. France then hold them down for another 30, with only 10 men on the pitch for the last 10 minutes of the game. Shit-taly fans might argue that if not for that penalty awarded to Zidane, then it would have already been decided but hell, they probably wouldn't even be playing here if not for that undeserving penalty against Australia.

Whatever the case is, the World Cup is over. Let Euro 2008 prove that Shit-taly is undeserving of this championship.

我終於知道曲終人散的寂寞 只有傷心人才有...
Blog
dapengmingwang
Primus
Demi Precentor

Singapore Singapore

我終於知道曲終人散的寂寞 只有傷心人才有

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: July 10, 2006, 08:26:56 AM »

Consolation prize for Zizou.

Golden Ball award.

And consolation prize from one of the many football fans around the world (taken off MSN from a friend of mine):

" Zidane is one of the best sportsman, he don't even complain when a referee give a freekick against him, even if he did not foul. That is the kind of player he is. If he blows his top, that means the Meterazzi must have done something very bad. "

Add Meterazzi to the list of shitheads I curse every morning. The list was formerly reserved only for million dollar mini$ter$ and Fabio Grosso.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2006, 08:37:12 AM by Grievous » Logged

我終於知道曲終人散的寂寞 只有傷心人才有...
Blog
BigJi
Initiate

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 10, 2006, 09:24:24 AM »

Also, how come Portugal are awarded as "Most Entertaining Team" ?

I really cant think of a reason...lol

Sharing Is Caring
dapengmingwang
Primus
Demi Precentor

Singapore Singapore

我終於知道曲終人散的寂寞 只有傷心人才有

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: July 10, 2006, 09:26:26 AM »

Also, how come Portugal are awarded as "Most Entertaining Team" ?

I really cant think of a reason...lol

Dunno man.

I don't find Cristiano Ronaldo entertaining at all. But this guy sure alot of pattern and antics.

Newest joke:

A man who going to face his death sentence before the firing squad. He was asked to choose a firer to execute him. And the man said, I'll choose Frank Lampard.

When asked why, the man said matter-of-factly:

"25 shots and not even 1 on target."
« Last Edit: July 10, 2006, 10:06:55 AM by Grievous » Logged

我終於知道曲終人散的寂寞 只有傷心人才有...
Blog
dapengmingwang
Primus
Demi Precentor

Singapore Singapore

我終於知道曲終人散的寂寞 只有傷心人才有

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: July 10, 2006, 10:35:17 AM »

Is this analyst and I the only two people on this planet who felt the same way about the Shit-taly win?

Shit-taly has definitely defiled the trophy with this win.

Cynical Italians blight World Cup final
By Mike Collett - Analysis

BERLIN (Reuters) - The most schizophrenic World Cup tournament in history ended with its snarling cynical side triumphant after Italy's penalty shootout victory over France on Sunday.

This tournament will now be remembered for the second worst final in history, littered by the phony grimaces of pain and anguish on the faces of players as they dived for fouls and feigned one injury after another.

The smiling, laughing fans who created a party atmosphere that transformed Germany over the last month deserved better than to see the competition settled by a shootout that followed a final in which only one team -- France -- attempted to play anything approaching decent football.

The fact that Zinedine Zidane, playing the last match of his career, was sent off nine minutes from the end of extra time for what appeared to be extreme provocation from Italian defender Marco Materazzi underlines Italy's approach to the game.

They served notice of their intent in the first minute when Thierry Henry was clattered to the ground by Italian skipper Fabio Cannavaro. He needed an ice-pack and smelling salts before he could continue.

CONTROVERSIAL INCIDENT

Italian players rolled on the ground, feigned injury, passed balls 60 meters back to goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon and saved their best performances for when they were dancing around the stadium with the World Cup trophy in their hands.

Buffon was at the center of the game's most controversial incident when he ran some 40 meters to bitterly protest to a linesman about the off-the-ball incident involving Zidane and Materazzi, ironically the two goalscorers.

TV replays showed Zidane, with a thunderous look on his face, approach Materazzi and butt him powerfully in the chest.

Materazzi had been lying prone on the pitch for some time before Argentine referee Horacio Elizondo took any action and showed Zidane the red card.

It was a record-extending 28th red card of the tournament, and the fact it marked Zidane's last ever act as a player was poignantly sad in the extreme.

The night had started in total contrast for Zidane and France when he chipped home a seventh-minute penalty off the crossbar to give France the lead.

It was only the second goal Italy had conceded in the competition, and meant that Zidane joined Pele, Vava and Geoff Hurst as only the fourth man to have scored three goals in the final of the World Cup following his two headers when France won the title in 1998.

Ironically he was denied a second goal just seven minutes before being sent off when Buffon made an outstanding save from a superbly executed header. It would be far better to remember that as his last contribution to his side than his dismissal.

EARLY LEAD

Although they took an early lead, France never took a firm grip on the game and Italy pulled level after 19 minutes when Materazzi scored with a powerful header, but apart from a Luca Toni header that hit the bar after 36 minutes, Italy never created another chance in the opening half.

France, meanwhile, continually came forward in search of another goal although Henry and Franck Ribery were continually frustrated by the Italian defense.

Only the 1990 World Cup final has been as bad a spectacle, ironically when West Germany won in the Italian capital.

Italy reserved their worst display of the finals for the German capital and somehow emerged victorious on a night the French will want to quickly forget.

Substitute David Trezeguet, who scored the golden goal winner when France beat Italy in the final of Euro 2000, was left forlorn after blasting his penalty against Buffon's bar.

Italy ended the night as world champions for the fourth time and the victory will do much to appease the anguish being felt back home before judgements in the Serie A match-fixing scandal are expected later this week.

Italians will long celebrate this success and its players will be accorded hero status for the rest of their lives.

The rest of the world will be forgiven for taking rather a different view of things.

我終於知道曲終人散的寂寞 只有傷心人才有...
Blog
Sora Ai
Initiate

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 11, 2006, 02:50:12 AM »

From the press in the UK...

A lip-reader translated that Marco Materazzi called Zidane a
dapengmingwang
Primus
Demi Precentor

Singapore Singapore