January 21, 2018, 08:10:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fav Video/PC Games  (Read 10063 times)
nocturne
Acolyte

神仙羊肉 (魔/MoG)

View Profile WWW
« on: June 12, 2006, 08:51:42 AM »

Fav games of all time, and why.

FF8 - for the most compelling storyline. FF7 has a better storyline, but I never finished it.

Games I spent the most time on are -
Civ2
The Sims
UO

This is my collection of the only Chinese words I can read. 一二三四五六七八九東南西北中發
dapengmingwang
Primus
Demi Precentor

Singapore Singapore

我終於知道曲終人散的寂寞 只有傷心人才有

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2006, 09:08:57 AM »

Command and Conquer, the very first. Smiley

我終於知道曲終人散的寂寞 只有傷心人才有...
Blog
priss
Acolyte

Singapore Singapore

nocturne's whore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2006, 11:52:37 AM »

Super Mario!

I played the first stage at least 50 times I think
Only a few times i've made it to other levels...
I suppose it's because I didn't owned a nintendo, and only get to play it at my friend's place...

Super mario is a classic game !

Another one would be... CAPTAIN COMIC! It's a DOS game. I spent many hours on it...

Pip
ROM
Initiate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2006, 03:12:07 PM »

Ok, here goes the list:

Autoduel - Apple II - Adapted from the PnP game, you get to build your own customized cars with big guns and destroy other cars
Ultima 4 - Apple II, very good concept, you actually need to work at being good to raise all your 8 virtues, classic
UO - Pioneer MMORPG with a persistent world, the variety of things you can do is astounding, 9 years and still kicking
Diablo - Brought MUD'ding to new heights
Civilization 1 - Strategy game where you have to choose decide what to research and when, you can use diplomacy, spies, space race or brute force to conquer your enemies
Colonization - Like Civ I, but theme is based on the colonization of the Americas
Master of Magic - Like Civ I, but theme is magic
FF7 - PC Version, good storyline and gameplay, I like how you can mix and match materia to create chain effects, and I love the chocobos esp rearing your own chocobo
Zelda - Nintendo Emulator version Cheesy This game alone is worth it to get a N64
UFO XCOM Enemy Unknown - Strategy game where you have to choose decide what to research and when, tactics based
Fallout I and II - Very good gameplay, funny and evil. Lots of Monthy Python reference. I went out to get Monthy Python movie because of this game.

Modeus
ROM
Acolyte

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2006, 08:07:16 PM »

I'm currently playing Heroes of Might and Magic V. Even with the cheat code, I'm taking ages to complete it. This is one hard SOB of a game.

Regards
nocturne
Acolyte

神仙羊肉 (魔/MoG)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2006, 09:43:57 PM »

Oh yeah, how could I forget Diablo and D2. Both of which must  have taken up a year of my life each.

I had the NES, spent a lot of time on Super Mario Bros, the first Zelda, Twin Bee, Contra(?) - I still remember the Konami code - but most of all, Tetris!

Prefer Ultima 5 to Ultima 4, probably because I played it first. The graphics blew me away. Hahaha. The new age graphics don't take the breath away the same as when you first see Ultima 5 run on an EGA system.

That was during the weekly pilgamage to Katong Shopping Center. Romance of the 3 Kingdoms and min-maxing Curse of the Azune Bonds.

Leopold_Bloom
Initiate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2006, 12:54:08 AM »

Championship Manager (Football Manager Simulation)
Diablo 2 (MMORPG)
World of Warcraft (MMORPG)
Civ II
Doom
Duke Nukem 3D
Street Fighter 3
Leisure Suit Larry Series (Sierra)
Space Quest Series (Sierra)
Little Big Adventure (French programming company)

B          E         L       I        E          V          E
priss
Acolyte

Singapore Singapore

nocturne's whore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2006, 02:51:29 AM »

My D2 socceress account had an occulus! it was called "BABYPRISS OCCULUS" (or maybe something longer, I forgot)

My D2 account is probably gone by now Sad

SanNiang
Acolyte

Singapore Singapore

-- 秀才遇到 PIG --

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2006, 03:17:18 AM »

I play MapleStory
nocturne
Acolyte

神仙羊肉 (魔/MoG)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2006, 10:09:39 AM »

Haha. I created an account called Stormgoddess so all I could have a Stormgoddess's Stormshield to go with my Titan's Revenge.

SanNiang
Acolyte

Singapore Singapore

-- 秀才遇到 PIG --

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2006, 08:51:12 PM »

Wow so you guys are still on the LoD BattleNet now?
I stopped at patch .10 (or was it 11? wow so long ago) when they reset the ladder.

Had a pure tele sorc, cold sorc, melee fire sorc, pure BO bard and a lit sin. thats is probably 2 years ago? I could not even remember my igns ...... but i sure remember the days when we try to force sell SOJ's to summon Urban Diablo to come out to drop the Anni Charm ....

Ya but that was really one of the best games I liked
priss
Acolyte

Singapore Singapore

nocturne's whore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2006, 09:12:43 PM »

haha, no we've also quit playing D2 on battlenet.... and when I quit, it wasnt LoD

nocturne
Acolyte

神仙羊肉 (魔/MoG)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2006, 09:19:48 PM »

Nah, stopped playing on Battlenet.

1.10 Lvl +-93 Hardcore Zon.

Leopold_Bloom
Initiate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2006, 09:45:19 PM »

I recall the following cookie cutter builds I played.

1. Whirlwind Barbarian - just twirl back and forth groups of mobs and they will all be killed. Add lifesteal and mana steal and you will be able to whirlwind non-stop.

2. Multi shot Amazon - just keep shooting with your Windforce and the mobs all die before you.

3. Paladin with little white hammers - Little cascading hammers spinning around the Paladin

B          E         L       I        E          V          E
Pip
ROM
Initiate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2006, 02:42:52 AM »

I recall the following cookie cutter builds I played.

1. Whirlwind Barbarian - just twirl back and forth groups of mobs and they will all be killed. Add lifesteal and mana steal and you will be able to whirlwind non-stop.

2. Multi shot Amazon - just keep shooting with your Windforce and the mobs all die before you.

3. Paladin with little white hammers - Little cascading hammers spinning around the Paladin

Ahh, the Hammerdin! Gotta love cookie cutter builds and the names they give it.
I love playing a necromancer. Way back when D2 first came out, the Necro corspe explosion has a max range several screens away, all monsters take damage equal to 50-100% of the HP of the monster corpse you use the spell on. Best of all this scales according to the difficulty level. So even in 8 player Hell mode where the monsters' HP was boosted to insane levels, you are still doing 50-100% damage to all monsters several screens out. You just needed 2 or 3 corpses. Was nerfed in one of the first few patches and Necros became wimps lol.

Current version is 1.11. New ladder-only runewords. One of it is called Dream. Can be made in helms and shields, most impt thing on the is the lvl 15 holy shock aura. If you equip both, the auras stack into a lvl 30 holy shock aura...Note that holy shock damage gets added to melee damage.

Equip these on a sorcesses with a little lightning mastery and melee damage shoots up to 10k...wohoo! Coupled with enchant = 1 very successful Melee Sorceress! Would be the perfect addition for Nocturne's Stormgoddess.

One more game to add -
Grand Theft Auto - San Andreas. Very very good game engine, good gameplay, concept and storyline.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: