January 18, 2018, 04:00:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Give us a strong Mandate !!!  (Read 30421 times)
CCTV
Acolyte

Indonesia Indonesia

View Profile
« on: June 11, 2006, 11:35:24 PM »

2nd June 2006

International Herald Tribune - Singapore's election by By Philip Bowring

IN Singapore beyond Lee (Views, May 11), Philip Bowring describes the results of the recent general election as the "biggest setback" for the People's Action Party. In fact this is the highest popular support obtained by the PAP since elections in 1980, except for the 2001 elections, which were held soon after the Sept. 11 attacks. Bowring further claims that Singapore does not stand out as an exceptional economic success in East Asia, and that even if it did, the PAP government should not take credit for this success. Bowring has an ax to grind, having defamed PAP leaders in an article in the International Herald Tribune in 1994, causing the newspaper to apologize and pay damages. So it is not surprising that he fervently hopes that the PAP will lose support and that Singapore will conform to the model of Western liberal democracy that he espouses. But Singaporeans are not na

dapengmingwang
Primus
Demi Precentor

Singapore Singapore

我終於知道曲終人散的寂寞 只有傷心人才有

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2006, 12:21:30 AM »

Bowring further claims that Singapore does not stand out as an exceptional economic success in East Asia, and that even if it did, the PAP government should not take credit for this success.

I wouldn't actually say 'Singapore does not stand out as an exceptional economic success in East Asia', but I can certainly say 'the PAP government should not take credit for this success'.

我終於知道曲終人散的寂寞 只有傷心人才有...
Blog
nocturne
Acolyte

神仙羊肉 (魔/MoG)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2006, 12:28:03 AM »

Of course they should take credit. Everything a garment does affects the economy, so, unless you feel that Singapore would have PROSPERED EVEN MORE without the PAP, the PAP deserves credit for bringing us from 3rd world to 1st.

There's a recent garment is garment, it's there to protect you from a hostile environment. Without good garment, we're like free range chickens (very big in Aus), exposed to weather, predators and parasites.

This is my collection of the only Chinese words I can read. 一二三四五六七八九東南西北中發
priss
Acolyte

Singapore Singapore

nocturne's whore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2006, 09:25:01 PM »

I wouldn't actually say 'Singapore does not stand out as an exceptional economic success in East Asia', but I can certainly say 'the PAP government should not take credit for this success'.

As part of my International Studies course in Uni, we studied a chapter on LKY. Lots of people have great respect for him. Someone (lazy to go and check who) commented that if LKY was born in another era, he could've reached the status and power of at least Winston Churchill..

Since LKY is PAP, so must give credit to PAP also for bringing Singapore to where it is today mah.

dapengmingwang
Primus
Demi Precentor

Singapore Singapore

我終於知道曲終人散的寂寞 只有傷心人才有

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2006, 09:33:40 PM »

As part of my International Studies course in Uni, we studied a chapter on LKY. Lots of people have great respect for him. Someone (lazy to go and check who) commented that if LKY was born in another era, he could've reached the status and power of at least Winston Churchill..

Since LKY is PAP, so must give credit to PAP also for bringing Singapore to where it is today mah.

And without the people's cooperation, where will we be today?

We constantly forgot our role in everything. Look, if everyone don't f*ck care about being a useful human being to society and go around agitating for social welfare, be a hippie and not do anything to contribute to our economic machine, LKY can have all the visions in the world, but he will simply be voted out in the next elections.

And Singapore will probably just another failed state. Probably re-absorbed by Malaysia, or just another unknown island in Republik Indonesia.

我終於知道曲終人散的寂寞 只有傷心人才有...
Blog
priss
Acolyte

Singapore Singapore

nocturne's whore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2006, 09:42:23 PM »

Ok, so you would rather a oppposition party win the election instead of PAP?

I can't imagine what it would be like. Yes, it's a stubborn Chinese mentality. Since old one is good, why bother getting a new one.

nocturne
Acolyte

神仙羊肉 (魔/MoG)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2006, 09:48:28 PM »

if everyone don't f*ck care about being a useful human being to society and go around agitating for social welfare, be a hippie and not do anything to contribute to our economic machine, LKY can have all the visions in the world, but he will simply be voted out in the next elections.

I think it's safe to say that OGL LKY did what he did knowing the people. If everyone were pro-welfare, he would have told us why welfare is stupid, we would have believed him, and we would still have voted him in.

People who think SG isn't "democratic" should always remember that JBJ won Anson, even though OGL LKY campagined there (though OGL LKY wasn't running). Even though OGL LKY got JBJ in the end, the elections weren't rigged.

dapengmingwang
Primus
Demi Precentor

Singapore Singapore

我終於知道曲終人散的寂寞 只有傷心人才有

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2006, 09:51:37 PM »

I think it's safe to say that OGL LKY did what he did knowing the people. If everyone were pro-welfare, he would have told us why welfare is stupid, we would have believed him, and we would still have voted him in.

People who think SG isn't "democratic" should always remember that JBJ won Anson, even though OGL LKY campagined there (though OGL LKY wasn't running). Even though OGL LKY got JBJ in the end, the elections weren't rigged.

Schroeder tried telling the Germans why welfare is stupid.

The Germans went on strike, and voted in Merkel.

我終於知道曲終人散的寂寞 只有傷心人才有...
Blog
nocturne
Acolyte

神仙羊肉 (魔/MoG)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2006, 10:09:49 PM »

<i>Schroeder</i> is not LKY, wan sui wan sui wan wan sui!

I disapprove, also, of strong unions and strikes. That's why the minimum wage in Oz is US$7

dapengmingwang
Primus
Demi Precentor

Singapore Singapore

我終於知道曲終人散的寂寞 只有傷心人才有

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2006, 10:12:38 PM »

<i>Schroeder</i> is not LKY, wan sui wan sui wan wan sui!

I disapprove, also, of strong unions and strikes. That's why the minimum wage in Oz is US$7

Pretty much explains why some German companies are now dropping the AG (Aktiengeschallaft, or whatever) in their companies and become SE (Societas Europa).

In that way they remove themselves from being subjected to just German laws alone, since they are not an European Union company, and not just a German one.

Bye bye, AG. Bye Bye German Unions.

Fickst Du! Verstehen Sie?

我終於知道曲終人散的寂寞 只有傷心人才有...
Blog
moshedyan
Acolyte

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2006, 11:22:02 AM »

you want a mandate?
the pap would give you
not one
but three

There will also be new limits on three CPF accounts: The new CPF minimum sum is $94,600, up from $90,000; the Medisave minimum sum will be increased from $27,500 to $28,000; and the Medisave contribution ceiling will be raised from $32,500 to $33,000.
nabei
meaning what?
if i don't have more than $150,000
in my cpf account
i can never withdraw my cpf savings har?
what the fuck am i living for?
dapengmingwang
Primus
Demi Precentor

Singapore Singapore

我終於知道曲終人散的寂寞 只有傷心人才有

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2006, 07:28:39 PM »

Means you are simply a slave of the TalePAP Empire.

我終於知道曲終人散的寂寞 只有傷心人才有...
Blog
priss
Acolyte

Singapore Singapore

nocturne's whore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2006, 10:18:18 PM »

Eh, issit after we die, the CPF goes back to the government if we never take out the money?
Cannot be passed on to my family one ah?

*I havent start working yet I duno =x*

CCTV
Acolyte

Indonesia Indonesia

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2006, 08:06:56 PM »

People memory are very short lived.

They can get slapped for 3 years 10 months.
Give them a carrot for 2 months, and they forget how they got slapped,
and still give the mandate to be slapped for the next 3 year 10 months.

Pity pity Pity ...... What a thinking nation !!!

dapengmingwang
Primus
Demi Precentor

Singapore Singapore

我終於知道曲終人散的寂寞 只有傷心人才有

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2006, 09:46:59 PM »

People memory are very short lived.

They can get slapped for 3 years 10 months.
Give them a carrot for 2 months, and they forget how they got slapped,
and still give the mandate to be slapped for the next 3 year 10 months.

Pity pity Pity ...... What a thinking nation !!!

Were they actually capable of thinking?

It is more like they didn't want to think the unthinkable - i.e. a Singapore without a dominating TalePAP - that they continually return them to powder every elections.

我終於知道曲終人散的寂寞 只有傷心人才有...
Blog
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: